The DHL&S Real Estate Services Group has a broad and deep understanding and knowledge of real estate development and operations – both commercial and residential. We provide tax, accounting, auditing and consulting services that minimize taxes while maximizing the value of real estate holding for owners, developers, property managers and investors. We can assist in entity creation and support all phases of a real estate project – from financing, acquisition, design and construction, and on to operating issues such as marketing, leasing and disposition.
Our understanding of federal and state laws allows us to provide advice and counsel on depreciation strategies, cost segregation/allocation studies, compliance audits, land-use surveys, and creative profit-and-loss sharing arrangements. We work with both local and national real estate companies. Bottom line, if you are dealing with real estate of any kind, the experts at DHL&S should be your first call.
Our in-depth knowledge and expertise allows us to offer the following services:
- Record keeping assistance
- Construction accounting
- Preparation of financial statements for contractors and developers
- Income tax planning and compliance
- Gift and estate tax planning
- Cash flow planning
- Consulting on ownership strategies to minimize taxes
- Finance modeling
Who we serve
Our team has brought valuable insight to many sectors of the real estate market, including:
- Contractors and construction companies
- Property managers
- Commercial and residential lessors
- Condominium associations
- Small business owners who own real estate, such as:
- Law firms
- Manufacturing companies
What we’ve done
We have many examples of successful engagements, including:
- Obtained favorable tax treatment for a land owner upon the sale of both the land and the underlying mineral rights while having property cleared, leveled and made suitable for sale to a large national retailer.
- Created tax savings and business efficiencies while reducing liability exposure through reorganization of separate real estate into a multi-tiered LLC structure.
For more information, please contact us at (203) 929-3535, or by clicking here.